USHV has a full-time opening for a Business Development Manager to join Houston’s largest group of private-practicing cardiovascular physicians, Houston Cardiovascular Associates.
About Houston Cardiovascular Associates:
Serving the community since 1963, HCVA is Houston’s largest group of private-practicing cardiovascular physicians, with two locations. Our board-certified physicians specialize in general, interventional, structural cardiology as well as cardio-oncology and advanced heart failure and transplantation, peripheral vascular disease, electrophysiology and cardiothoracic surgery.
We offer comprehensive services including:
- Disease prevention
- Advanced diagnostics
- Cardiac and pulmonary disease management
- Exercise stress tests
- Nuclear imaging including SPECT and cardiac PET
Our physicians and APPs provide services in two clinics and our vein clinic (opening this fall) as well as two area hospitals.
The Business Development Manager develops and maintains strong relationships with targeted referral sources through consistent, strategic field call strategies. The objective of this role is to drive and sustain incremental volume in the market in alignment with USHV’s growth strategies. The Business Development Manager will work collaboratively with operational leadership to drive results. Field activities will account for 80% of the positions, engagement planning will account for 10% and internal interface and coordination will account for 10%.
The ideal candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to adapt, collaborate and communicate with providers and community members. USHV looks for people who are enthusiastic to grow their skills and take on new responsibilities with the ability to lead through influence and adapt to a constantly changing health care environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate and maintain contact – using a mix of communication tools – with key referral sources identified through a data-driven targeting process to increase patient visits that align with market goals.
- Conduct scheduled face-to-face meetings with targeted referral sources to uncover needs then deliver relevant and useful information specific to each contact – ultimately building a trusting and reliable relationship with that referring source.
- Advance each relationship using customized relationship sales strategies to the point of asking for new or additional referral opportunities
- Arrange and facilitate introductions of new USHV providers to targeted referral prospects to reinforce clinical expertise
- Arrange introductions of USHV’s clinical services, access points and specialists to new providers moving into the service area
- Facilitate attendance at educational programs and other opportunities/events to connect USHV providers with the assigned providers
- Document each provider encounter including any open requests or needs and the follow-up plan in a database tool that tracks activities, progress, trends and outcomes
- Identify growth strategy risks and issues, managing and escalating where appropriate
- Communicate any operational issues learned in field visits to operational leadership
- Responsible for monitoring, and communicating progress against milestones and KPI deliverables in a timely manner
- Collaborate on overall companywide growth tactics and strategic framework and plans to secure new referrals
- Assist in the development of annual growth plans for physicians that take into account, market share patterns, patient utilization data and physician practice trends.
- Incorporate market intelligence pertinent to new opportunities and relationships.
- Continuously adapt strategies and plans to ensure optimal outcomes and “win-win” results for providers and encourage and support internal efforts to create a provider-centric culture
- Develop communication and communication strategies to effectively engage stakeholders as and when appropriate
- Measure outcomes to enable identification of effective delivery
- Communicate trends in service, communications and operations barriers expressed by referral sources that affect ability to develop relationships with referral sources and negatively impact ability to grow USHV’s market brand image and its referrals
Experience and Requirements:
- 3+ years of progressive provider engagement/relations experience
- Proven history of team collaboration and delivery on objectives
- Ability to translate business objectives into marketing strategies using data-driven insights and recommendations with strong capability in business case building to help support and champion desire marketing investments.
- Ability to develop strategic and tactical initiatives in response to market conditions.
- Strong understanding of the health care industry, including physician relationships
For additional details on this and other practice opportunities please contact recruiting at