US Heart and Vascular is seeking a Clinic Receptionist to join our team in Houston, TX.
The Clinical Receptionist operates a multiline telephone system to answer incoming calls and directs callers to appropriate personnel. Courteously helps and directs all callers in a professional manner and with excellent customer service. Assists clinic by performing administrative duties.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards call to appropriate personnel or department.
- Transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Answers questions and provides callers with address, directions and other information.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Maintains fax machines, assists users, sends faxes, and retrieves and routes incoming faxes.
- Informs supervisor of pertinent communication issues/escalates issues to appropriate party.
- Reports routine maintenance calls to appropriate party.
- Receives and distributes mail.
- Performs other administrative duties as needed.
- Receives and distributes packages to appropriate personnel.
- Provides excellent customer service and the highest quality patient care.
- Follows all OSHA and other safety guidelines.
- Completes education requirements timely as set by the Company.
- At all times protects the confidentiality of protected health information (PHI) of patients per HIPAA regulations; including does not review his/her own record, or records of employees or co-workers without a “need to know”.
- Actively demonstrates teamwork at all times.
- Adheres to company safety standards at all times.
- Attends work in accordance with the attendance management policy.
- Follows other policies and procedures such that there are no verbal or written warnings during the evaluation period.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- May be required to move between locations as needed.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- High school graduate or GED required.
- 2+ years of Receptionist experience with multi-line phone systems.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with a diverse population, always displaying professionalism and patience.
- Can speak, read and write English fluently, bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and remain flexible, responding fluidly to changing priorities.
- Previous experience with computers and EMR systems preferably.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Highly dependable and punctual, able to be present at work during the scheduled hours and days of the job in accordance with the Company’s Attendance policy.
- Maintains professional attitude, presentation and demeanor at all times.
- Long periods of standing or sitting.
- Normal range of hearing, voice, and vision to perform work and communication.
- Repetitive use of hands and fingers (e.g. use of computer keyboard).
- Busy, complex office environment requiring detailed, focused attention.
- Normal office environment with minimal discomfort due to noise, temperature or dust.
- Ability to meet physical demands of the job which include, but are not limited to: standing, bending, pushing, pulling, lifting, transporting supplies or equipment, walking for extended periods of time, and occasionally lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying items which may weigh up to 40 pounds.
- Vision (including the discernment of color) and hearing must be within or correctable to within normal ranges.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job description with or without reasonable accommodation.