US Heart and Vascular is seeking a Dual Cardiovascular Sonographer to join our team in Houston, TX.
Oversee daily functions of echocardiography, stress echocardiography and vascular studies.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY AND DUTIES (Essential Job Functions)
- Perform echocardiography and stress echocardiography.
- Perform vascular testing (preferred) including carotid doppler, upper and lower extremities arterial doppler, upper and lower extremities venous doppler, venous Insufficiency ultrasound, abdominal aortic aneurysm screening ultrasound, ABIs.
- Retrieve patient from waiting room and obtain necessary vital signs.
- Prep patient, provide patient instruction and perform tests.
- Obtain post-exercise images and process reports.
- Identify pathology and obtain appropriate measurements and/or additional views to assist in interpretation.
- Carry out the immediate requests of all physicians.
- Provide supervisor accurate and timely information regarding patient care issues that cause concern.
- Inform supervisor regarding needed repairs on departmental equipment.
- Ensure a high quality of service is provided to all Orion Medical referring physicians and patients.
- Communicate problems and ideas to supervisor to improve clinical aspects and overall efficient functioning of the departments.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Other duties as requested or assigned.
- Maintain established policies and procedures, objectives, licensing requirements, QA programs and safety standards
- Attend all required meetings and education sessions within scheduled timeframe.
- Annual mandatory safety review
- Annual HIPAA education
- Annual corporate responsibility education
- Annual CEU requirements (if applicable)
- All appropriate licenses and certifications (if applicable) are up to date.
Experience: Minimum of one year experience preferred but not required. New grads are encouraged to apply.
Certificates & Licenses: Credentialed in Echocardiography (RDCS or RCS) and Vascular Technology (RVT or RVS), Current BLS certification.