US Heart and Vascular is seeking a Radiologic Technologist to join our team in Houston, TX.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares instruments and supplies to perform procedures according to the physician’s documented preferred routine.
- Prepares the operating field for procedures.
- Performs routine and delegated duties.
- The Rad Tech / Surgical Scrub will assist the Surgeon and surgical team before, during and after surgery and will assume responsibility and accountability for the preparation of operating rooms by providing support, assistance and maintenance of instruments and equipment.
- Operation of fluoroscopy equipment and maintenance of records
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Cath lab experience
- Scrubbing and assisting physicians during procedures
- Able to operate fluoroscopy equipment
- BLS & ACLS certification
- Certification for Radiology Technology/CVT/RCIS
- Category I exposure to blood borne pathogens.
- Frequent exposure to chemical hazards.
- May encounter radiation hazards.
- High-level visual and auditory acuity for timely response and patient care assessment activities.
- Ability to move quickly in response to physician and patient needs.
- To stand for long periods, occasional overhead and low reaching.
- To exert force up to 50 pounds occasionally, up to 20 pounds frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds constantly.
- Patient care activities require the ability to exert force of up to 30 pounds constantly, up to 40 pounds occasionally, and up to 100 pounds rarely.