US Heart and Vascular is seeking a Echo Sonographer to join our team in Tucson, AZ.
Performs various imaging procedures/studies in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides excellent patient care, acting with professionalism and empathy at all time
- Provides patient care in a timely manner, communicates with radiologist, and works efficiently as a team member
- Preforms a variety of tasks and works under general supervision
- Helps maintain quality control of sonographic equipment
- Maintain daily log of patients seen
- Performs diagnostic studies on patients as prescribed by physician and explains procedure to patients to assure cooperation and optimal test results
- Participates in the maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Observes patient during procedure and reports abnormal activity
- Adhere to guidelines for sterilizing and cleaning of all equipment
- View images and adjust parameters to achieve high quality diagnostic imaging
- Follows and enforces Pima Heart policies and procedures
- Successfully complete in person device/application specific training
- Safeguard the privacy of patient health information
- Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have excellent interpersonal and critical thinking skills
- Ability to prepare for procedures including moving patients
- Decisive judgement and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be registered or eligible with ARDMS in Cardiac and Vascular or become registered within one year.
- BLS/CPR Certification
- Experience with Echo, Stress Echo and Vascular preferred
- Experience using Siemens SC2000(full/upright) and Siemens Bonsai(portable/laptop) equipment.