US Heart and Vascular is seeking a Senior Revenue Cycle Analyst to join our team in Tucson, AZ.
The Senior Revenue Cycle Analyst is responsible for analyzing and improving all aspects of revenue cycle management, including charge capture, billing, coding, payment posting, and denial management. This role requires a deep understanding of healthcare revenue processes, exceptional analytical skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with various departments to achieve revenue cycle excellence.
Revenue Analysis and Reporting:
- Analyze revenue data, trends, and performance metrics to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Generate regular reports and ad-hoc analyses to monitor key revenue cycle performance indicators.
- Develop and implement data-driven strategies to optimize revenue processes and increase financial performance.
Billing and Coding Compliance:
- Ensure that all billing and coding practices comply with relevant healthcare regulations and guidelines, such as HIPAA, CMS, and payer-specific requirements.
- Conduct regular audits and provide training to coding and billing staff to minimize errors and maximize revenue capture.
- Investigate and resolve complex claim denials and rejections in collaboration with relevant departments and billing vendors.
- Develop and implement denial prevention strategies to reduce the overall denial rate and increase cash flow.
Charge Capture and Documentation:
- Evaluate charge capture processes and documentation to identify areas for improvement.
- Work closely with clinical and administrative teams to ensure accurate charge capture and documentation practices.
Payment Posting and Reconciliation:
- Oversee payment posting processes to ensure accurate and timely posting of payments, adjustments, and refunds.
- Reconcile payments with billing records and investigate discrepancies as needed.
Compliance and Regulatory Knowledge:
- Stay updated on changes in healthcare billing regulations, payer policies, and coding guidelines.
- Provide guidance to the organization on compliance and regulatory issues related to revenue cycle management.
Team Leadership and Collaboration:
- Mentor and provide guidance to junior revenue cycle analysts.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including finance, clinical, and IT, to implement process improvements and achieve revenue cycle goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare management, Finance, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or Certified Revenue Cycle Professional (CRCP) certification is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in healthcare revenue cycle analysis and management.
- Proficiency in healthcare billing software and Electronic Health Records (EHR) systems.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge of healthcare reimbursement processes, including Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial payers.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced healthcare environment.
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Career development opportunities
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Paid time off and holidays
If you are a highly motivated and experienced revenue cycle analyst seeking to make a significant impact in the healthcare industry, we encourage you to apply for this Senior Revenue Cycle Analyst position at USHV.
Department: Revenue Cycle Management
Reports To: VP Revenue Cycle Management
Position Type: Full-Time
USHV is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences.